Aims and objectives
- Mode of action and indications
- Licensed and unlicensed use of toxin.
- Consolidation of previously accrued knowledge related to the anatomy and function of facial muscles and how they interact with each other.
- Learn to treat complex functional dynamic muscular units.
- To learn best practices for consultation, assessment and treatment of lines and wrinkles in the lower third of the face, neck and chin.
- Therapeutic uses to treat excessive gingival display (gummy smile), bruxism (tooth clenching/grinding), hyperhidrosis (Underarm and Facial Sweating).
- To learn how to maximise efficiency of toxin by using varying dilutions.
- Understand the importance of photography.
- Learn best injecting techniques.
- To learn about adverse events.
- Treatment failure and complications.
- How to minimise risks and to deal with any adverse events.
You will gain
- On completion delegates will have gained evidenced based knowledge and hands on practical skills to safely and predictively administer botulinum toxin to more challenging areas of the face and neck.
Who do we train?
- Registered Nurses
- Dental Therapists
- Dental Hygienists
- Qualified Medical professionals who hold a membership to their respective regulatory body.
- Potential delegates are obliged to provide evidence of qualification and regulatory body registration.
*Delegates who have previously completed foundation training who have acquired at least two years experience in aesthetic medicine.