Aims and objectives
- To know the history of botulinum toxin
- Understand the pharmacology of botulinum toxin
- Mode of action
- Indications licensed and unlicensed
- Cautions and contraindications
- Be aware of the toxins available today and the differences between them
- To understand the ageing process and causes of lines/wrinkles
- To learn the anatomy and function of facial muscles and how they interact with each other
- To learn best practices for consultation, assessment and treatment of lines and wrinkles in the upper third of the face
- To learn how to store and reconstitute toxin
- Understand importance of photography
- Learn best injecting techniques
- To learn about adverse events
- Treatment failure
- How to minimise risks
- How to deal with any adverse events
You will gain
- The required knowledge and practical skills to safely and predictably provide botulinum toxin treatments in a clinical setting
- An understanding of the importance of continually updating their knowledge and clinical skill sets.
Who do we train?
Qualified Medical professionals who hold membership to their respective regulatory body.
Potential delegates are obligated to provide evidence of qualification and regulatory body registration numbers.